How to Determine
Gallons per Minute
1. Make sure that no one is using the water.
2. Begin with the pressure tanks at full pressure and with the pump not running.
3. Shut off the well pump.
4. Drain the entire system until there is no pressure. While draining, fill buckets and count the number of gallons.
5. Write down how many gallons drained out of the system.
6. Turn the water off and close the drain valve.
7. Turn on the well pump and time the recovery to shut off.
8. Write down how many seconds it took for the system to refill.
ANSWER: How many gallons to drain? How many seconds to fill? Convert seconds to minutes.
This ratio is your gallons/minute.
SELECT YOUR WATER CONCERN:
Simple Sink Filter (counter-top or sub-counter): point-of-use filtration
What to do first. Which Systems? Municipal Water, Well Water, Rain Water, Travel Filter, Shower Filters.
The globalization of water. Emergency Preparedness Interesting facts about the need to drink water
Go to HOME page